South Ridge High School does not require students to wear uniforms; however, students are expected to wear appropriate attire during the school day and at all school sponsored activities as defined below by our dress code. Any attire, which is inappropriate or distracts from the school program, will not be tolerated. These guidelines should be followed:
- Students will not wear jerseys, numbers, cities, or state names.
- Students will not wear sagging or excessively baggy clothing. Pants and shorts must be pulled up to the waist.
- Profane or disrespectful writing on clothing or jewelry is not acceptable.
- Shaved eyebrows are not permitted.
- Pictures and/or words on any garment must be in good taste with nothing that is obscene, vulgar, or that promotes anything that is illegal.
- The body shall be adequately covered. Short shorts, bathing suits, bare chests, halter tops, tube tops, tank tops, undershirts, bare midriffs, mesh or sheer garments, etc. are not considered adequate coverage.
- No leggings/tights/yoga pants unless they are underneath a skirt or shorts.
- No hats are permitted to be worn on campus.
- School administration has the sole discretion to determine attire that is inappropriate.